Checklist for upgrading
1. Upgrading to ROB-EX version 6.4.1 is only possible if you already have an active version of ROB-EX installed on your computer. To install a new ROB-EX Gantt license, please contact your vendor or ROB-EX.
2. We recommend that all existing customers upgrade to version 6.4.1.
3. It is important to install the new “License Server Service” before upgrading the ROB-EX Client as ROB-EX 6.4.1 requires access to the new License Server to work. The License Server Service is typically installed on the same server as the ROB-EX Multiuser Server, or locally if ROB-EX is used in a single user environment.
4. It is important that both the ROB-EX Multiuser Server and the Client are upgraded together. We recommend that ROB-EX Multiuser Server is upgraded before the ROB-EX Client. NOTE: if you do not have a license for the ROB-EX Multiuser Server, it is not necessary to run the ROB-EX Server upgrade.
5. When you click on a link to a file that you wish to access, you will be asked to log in with the password that you have received from ROB-EX or from your vendor.
Installation guide: License Server Service
License Server Service is typically installed at the same server as ROB-EX Server.
When you press the link to a file that you wish to access, you will be requested to log in. Log in with the password that you have received from your vendor (ROB-EX or your local vendor).
1. Download the installation program to your chosen location (local hard drive or file server).
Download ROB-EX Gantt Client (approx. 150 MB)
2. Run the installation program by double-clicking the downloaded program from step 1. (.exe-file).
In the first window click Next.
1. Select “New” and desired runtime language (e.g. English), and Click “Next”.
2. Click “I Agree” to accept the License Agreement.
3. Select the “Floating License Server” product to install a license server, click “Next”
4. Choose the directory in which you wish to install ROB-EX via the “Browse” button.
If you are running with a ROB-EX Server, select same server for the installation, or locally if ROB-EX is used in a single user environment.
5. Click “Install” to start the installation.
6. Click “Finish” and leave check mark in “Start License Server service” to complete the installation.
7. At this point the License Server is running – however no license has been activated yet. Follow Activating a license to complete licensing activation
Upgrade guide: ROB-EX Client
1. Download the upgrade program from ROB-EX’ homepage to an optional location on your local hard drive or file server. This installation program is used to upgrade both ROB-EX Client and ROB-EX Viewer. Any additional plugins (e.g. Integration, ShopFloor etc.) are also upgraded via this installation program.
Download ROB-EX Gantt Client (approx. 150 MB):
2. Find the location of your current ROB-EX Gantt installation, typically:
or on your file server, e.g.
Make a note of the location, as you will need it for step 8. IMPORTANT: ROB-EX Planner and ROB-EX Viewer are installed in separate libraries, which means that you must locate both the planner and the viewer.
3. Ensure that no users are active in ROB-EX Planner or in ROB-EX Viewer – upgrading is only possible if all users have exited the program.
4. Start the upgrade program by double-clicking the downloaded upgrading program from step 1 (.exe file).
In the first window click Next.
5. Select “New” and desired runtime language (e.g. English), and Click “Next”.
6. Click “I Agree” to accept the License Agreement.
7. Select the “Planner” product to install a standard ROB-EX Planner, click “Next”
8. Choose the directory for the existing ROB-EX installation (located in step 2) via the “Browse” button, if the suggested location is not correct.
9. Click “Install” to start the installation.
10. You are now ready to run the new version. Check that you have upgraded correctly by starting ROB-EX and checking that the correct version no. is displayed in the menu: Help/About ROB-EX. Alternatively, check the version no. in the bottom left hand corner on the main screen.
11. Steps 4-9 are repeated for both ROB-EX Planner and ROB-EX Viewer. If ROB-EX is installed locally on one or several PCs, steps 4-9 are repeated on each of the PCs.
Upgrade guide: ROB-EX Server
Important note for users with a ROB-EX multiuser license
It is important that both ROB-EX Multiuser Server and Client are upgraded together. We recommend that the Multiuser Server is upgraded before ROB-EX Client.
Download the upgrade for ROB-EX Multiuser Server here:
ROB-EX Gantt Client (approx. 150 MB)
1. Stop ROB-EX Multiuser Server before the upgrade is downloaded (if the server is started as an NT service, make sure that the service is deactivated).
2. Run the upgrade program on the PC that operates the ROB-EX Multiuser Server, and follow the instructions on your screen.
3. Restart ROB-EX Multiuser Server (if the server is started as an NT service, activate the service first).
Upgrade ROB-EX Client by following the guide (at the top of this page). If Client is not upgraded, you will get an alert from the system when users attempt to log in from the Client.
Contact ROB-EX support
Telephone: 7022 0170 and press “2”