The order list window has an option for executing similar functions on groups of operations. I.e. assign operations across different production orders the same resource, the same start time, and more.
You can use this function on a filtered list of production orders. I.e. all operations belonging to the same project, being delivered in the same week, etc. One use case could be to assign all operations of a certain name, to the same resource. I.e. if you have geographical dependencies. So assign all production orders for a certain geographical area to the same resource, since for efficiency, we want this resource to handle all cases once we are in the neighborhood.
Important: do not confuse this Group assignment function, with the Series and groups functionality, as it behaves very differently from this function.
The following properties are available for Group assignments:
- Operation start time
- Operation material date (the individual material date for the operation)
- Operation delivery date (the individual delivery date for the operation)
- Production order material date
- Production order state – note state may be moved both forward or backward!
How to use it
- Select the orders in the Order list you want to assign the same properties.
- Press the button Group. The window Group assign is opened.
- Show all activities connected to an operation type, by selecting an operation type in the Operations list to the left.
- All matching operations across all selected production orders, are now shown in the center list Associated orders. Notice that each row is an operation. Order number and status relates to the production order. Rest of columns shows the operation related values (planned start time, currently assigned resource, etc).
- As an example. To assign the same operation material date to all the selected operations
- Change the material date in the right side panel Operation material date and hit Enter. All operations in the list Associated orders are now assigned the same material date.
- In the list Operations a check mark is enabled next to the operation type. This indicates that changes have been made for this operation type.
- You can continue changing attributes for other operation type, by repeating from step 3 above.
- Finally click the Ok button to save and commit all changes made.