Bill of material
The ROB-EX Scheduler Bill of Material (BOM) module supports simultaneous scheduling of both capacity and material.
This module supports the creation of master materials and the creation of stock transactions like counting’s, purchases and shipments (deliveries).
At the route level any number of BOM-lines may be assigned to the different operations. These BOM-lines either consume or produce in accordance to the quantities on the production orders and the different operation dates.
To mention some highlighted benefits
- Presentation of net-inventories in the form of dynamic on-screen material graphs
- Pre-defined action type reports like a list of critical materials for the coming period
- Dynamic Gantt chart coloring according to the current material status. E.g. an operation in the Gantt chart is red if scheduled at a point in time where raw material will be missing
- Support for forward scheduling with respect to net-inventories. E.g. an operation is scheduled to start after raw material has been received by the warehouse.
- Pegging functionality which will create links between production orders producing semi-finished products (e.g. component production) and the productions orders consuming the semi-finished output (e.g. assembly operations). This to ensure that the assembly stage is not started until all the components are ready.
In this chapter the following subjects are described: