This is a quick guide for the ROB-EX system administrator, explaining how to configure the web-server side of the ROB-EX Resource Monitor App.
- If not already running, configure ROB-EX Integration client to run as a service.
- Make sure the integration client starts up correctly.
- Make sure the integration client connects to the ROB-EX site you want to be served.
Note: The Integration client is needed only for production setup. In demo scenarios, you may run the REST server embedded into your local ROB-EX Scheduler client. In this case, ensure your ROB-EX client has a valid license to the REST web-service and the REST server is configured to start automatically.
Distribute the URL of the Resource Monitor app. It will be http://
The actual port no. used for your install, can be looked up from menu “Help->About REST WebService Plugin” (for an Integration Client you need to start with UI to access this menu)
Installation and configuration
The package consist of 3 parts
- A macro “OperationProgressTracking” which must be configured to run at regular intervals – e.g. every 10 minutes. This macro will investigate all operations in the current schedule. For started operations (or planned operations with start before time NOW), the current planned hours and quantity and the current actual completed hours/quantity, is saved at operation level per day
- The information is persisted as JSON into operation “GanttMultiuser.Operation.Properties” with the keyword “progress”
- A set of REST end-points capable of delivering information to a web browser. The following two REST end-points currently exists
- GET MediaType JSON: http://localhost:9999/api/resourcemonitor/v1/progress
- GET MediaType JSON: http://localhost:9999/api/resourcemonitor/v1/resourceNames
- An HTML end point which will deliver the web application – i.e. the user application presenting the graphical KPI’s. To ensure the user is looking at up-to-date information, this page will automatically reload every 10 minutes.
- Note that currently neither the rest end-points or the HTML end-point requires any authentication. So any user that knows the URL’s will be able to call them. However all end-points are read-only!
/* Resource Monitor app needs the Properties field to be able to hold alot of JSON data */ /* Run this script from within MS SQL Management Studio on the GanttMultiuser database */ if exists (SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS WHERE table_name = 'EOperation' AND column_name = 'Properties' AND data_type like '%varchar' AND CHARACTER_MAXIMUM_LENGTH < 5000) BEGIN ALTER TABLE EOperation ALTER COLUMN [Properties] [varchar](5000) NULL END GO
This package is deployed by placing the resource-monitor.jar file into
<sch_client_dir>\plugins\dropins. This step is automatically carried out by the ROB-EX Scheduler Client installer when installing with “Operator” module. In case of problems starting the service, ensure this jar file exists in your ROB-EX client installation folder.