Use this function to split an entire order. The original order remains in the plan with the original order id. New orders are independent duplicates of the original order and has new ROB-EX controlled id’s. I.e. except from the order name (deducted from the original name with a number sequence postfix), the order splits are not linked to the original order by constraint links or other fields.
Both the original order and the new orders created will have updated quantities according to the selected split type.
You initiate the split of an entire order this way
- Select any operation of the order you want to split in the Gantt chart
- Right click the operation and select “Split->Split order”
The following dialog appears
Choose how you would want to divide the order into splits
- Fixed No.
- Split into a fixed number of orders. The order quantity of the new orders, is the original order quantity divided by the no. of splits you select.
- Batch size
- Specify the size of each created order. If the original order quantity is 36 and you specify a batch size of 10, the result is four new production orders: Three orders with quantity of 10 and one order with quantity of 6
- After qty.
- Will split the order in two. If the original order quantity is 36 and you specify 20, then you will end up with one order of quantity 20 and another of quantity 16