The week calendar is used to state periods of time that occur daily or weekly. E.g. the working hours of the individual shifts. The week calendar can just as the holiday calendar be shared between many different general calendars.
- In the window “Edit resource calendar” you select the tab “General Calendar”.
- In the middle of the window you select the tab “Week calendar”.
- Click the button “New” to the upper right of the tab “Week calendar” to specify a name of the new week calendar.
- Enter the name of the new week calendar and click “Ok”. The name is now displayed in the list to the left of the tab.
- Click the button “New period” at the bottom of the tab to create a new period. The window “Add new period” opens.
- In the window “ Add new period” you do the following:
- Select if the period is a work period (open) or a non-work period (closed). The periods of the week calendar will typically be a work period, so inmost cases you will have to select “open”.
- In the description area you enter a description of the period, e.g. “Monday to Friday”.
- Start date and end date is specified. See chapter Instructions for entering periods, for entering instructions.
- As an example for a week plan where first shift works from 07.00 – 15.00 on all workdays you enter the following:
- in the field “Start date” you select or enter “07:00”.
- in the field “End date” you select or enter “15:00”. By this you do not have to select “8 hours” in the list “Duration”
- The period should be repeated indefinitely into the future so leave a check mark in “No end date”
- Select “Weekly” in the recurrence option (also see chapter Instructions for entering periods for further details).
- In “For every” you select “All weekdays”.
- When the period has been entered click the button “Ok”.
- The period is now displayed in the week calendar list at tab “Week calendar” in the window “Edit resource calendar”.
More periods can be created by repeating the steps outlined above