Installation guide: ROB-EX Client
When you press the link to a file that you wish to access, you will be requested to log in. Log in with the username and password that you have received from your vendor (Novotek Planning Systems or your local vendor).
- Download the installation program to your chosen location (local hard drive or file server). Use this installation program to install both the ROB-EX Planner and the ROB-EX Viewer.
Download ROB-EX Gantt Client (approx. 150 MB)
- Run the installation program by double-clicking the downloaded program from step 1. (.exe-file).
Choose “New installation” in the first window and press “Next”. Choose the product: “Planner” and the language that you wish to operate with. Press “Next” and “Yes” to accept the terms of acquisition.
- Choose the catalogue in which you wish to install ROB-EX (use the “Browse” button and press “Next”).
If you are going to operate with several planner licenses and/or a network license, we recommend that you install the program on a file server with reader/editor rights for all users of the ROB-EX program.
- Choose installation:
To install the program without ROB-EX Floor: Choose “Typical” installation
To install the program with ROB-EX Floor: Choose “Custom” installation
- If Java is not already installed on your computer, you will be requested to install Java during the installation process. When asked if you wish to install Java, press “Yes” and follow the Java installation procedures.
- To install ROB-EX Viewer, repeat steps 2-5. IMPORTANT: remember to choose the product ”Viewer” in step 2, and choose another installation library than the one chosen during the installation of the planner client.
Installation guide: ROB-EX Server
- Check that the following system requirements are met:
- Microsoft SQL Server instance running on a local or remote server PC. The SQL Server instance must have the TCP/IP network protocol in on-mode, and must allow Mixed Mode Authentication.
- Java JDK 1.6 (or later version) must be installed on the local server PC.
- Download and run the Multiuser Server installation program.
Download ROB-EX server (approx. 50 MB)
- Install server instance 1, which will start the installation of ROB-EX Server Essentials.
- Important: If any of the system requirements are lacking, read error-notifications carefully and carry out the instructed actions, then restart the installation program.
- ROB-EX Server Instance 1 will now be installed.
- When requested, choose the SQL Server instance that will include the ROB-EX Server database. Choose approval method (either Windows Authentification or local username/password). Approval details are only used for the installation of the database and a new local user with the necessary user rights.
- When installation is complete, start ROB-EX Server services from Windows Services Manager.
- In the event of installation problems, check the log file: “c:\program files (x86)\ROB-EX\ganttServer\server\gantt\log\server.log”.
- Administration of server users and Active Directory settings is carried out via the Web Administration pages http://localhost:8080/gantt
- For more information:
- “ROB-EX Server Installation.pdf” located in “c:\program files (x86)\ROB-EX\ganttServer”
- “Multiuser” chapters in the client user manual – located in the ”Help->User Manual” menu in the ROB-EX client.
Contact ROB-EX support
Telephone: 7022 0170 and press “2”