In the previous chapter we described material transactions like counting’s, purchases and shipments which where not related to orders and operations.
In this chapter it is described how BOM lines assigned to an operation works.
BOM lines are assigned to operations in the Edit operation window on the tab Materials. A BOM line can either produce or consume a certain material. Also different configuration parameters on the BOM line specifies as an example if the production/consumption is at operation start/end or linear across the duration of the operation. Once the BOM line is assigned to the operation then if an operation is re-scheduled, the stock is calculated based on the new operation dates.
The Edit operation window can be opened from these different places in the program:
|Edit operations|| Select an operation in the list in the middle of the Edit operations window and press the Edit button.
In the window Edit operation select the Materials tab.
The material consumption/production entered this way is valid for this type of master operation which is hereafter copied to the route, whenver the master operation is added to a route.
|Edit routes|| Select a route in the list in the middle of the Edit routes window.
Select an operation in the list of routes and double click on the operation name.
In the window Edit operation select the Material tab.
The material consumption/production entered this way is valid for this operation in the selected route
|Gantt chart|| Double click on an operation in the Gantt chart or select the Edit operation shortcut (see short cut menu)
In the window Edit operation select the tab Materials.
The Materials tab of this window consists of a left and a right side table. The table to the left contains all the available master materials. The table on the right side lists all the BOM lines currently assigned to the operation.
Add a material consumption/production
- select the desired master material in the left side list of available materials.
- Click the right arrow button.
The material is now assigned to the operation. Fill in the configuration fields in order to specify the details of the BOM line. The different options are described in the following.
A BOM lines is removed be marking the material which is connected to the operation and then click the left arrow button.
The consumption field indicates when the materials are pulled from the stock. It is possible to select between several methods:
- All materials are pulled from the stock at the start of the operation.
- All materials are pulled from the stock at the end of the operation.
- The materials are pulled from the stock linearly throughout the time the operation occupies.
- Setup start
- All materials are pulled from the stock at the start of the setup.
- Switchover end
- All materials are pulled from the stock at the switchover end.
- Linear incl. setup/switchover
- The materials are pulled from the stock linearly throughout the time from the setup starts until the switchover ends.
Please notice that the resource shift calendar is respected when the stock levels are calculated. I.e. during closed shift calendar periods the BOM line will not affect stock level calculations. If the consumption method is specified as Start, the consumption is calculated from the start of the resource shift calendar, not from the planned start of the operation. If linear consumption is selected, the quantity of materials is distributed throughout the “open” (available) time in the resource shift calendar.
The strategy field indicates if the quantity of material is entered as a fixed quantity or a rate per produced product:
- The operation uses the quantity entered in the “Static quantity” field. The quantity is entered in the unit selected in the list “Unit”. No matter if the quantity of products is changed, the consumption will always be the same.
- Per piece
- The quantity of materials used is proportional to the quantity of products. If the quantity of products is changed, the consumption is changed along with this. Example: If the unit is “liter” and the rate is “3” this means: use 3 liters of the material each time the operation produces one piece of the product.
Type shows if the operation
- stock is decreased
- stock is increased
Specifies the warehouse.
Warehouse selection strategy
Specifies the strategy for how a warehouse is selected, when an operation is assigned to a resource. As an example. When an operation O1 is assigned to resource R1 with an associated warehouse “Area 1”, then all BOM lines of O1, with Warehouse selection strategy set to Current operation, will change automatically to “Area 1”. The different options are:
- The warehouse is selected manually from the list. (the default *). No automatic rules will change the warehouse once set.
- Current operation
- The current operations warehouse is automatically selected, whenever the operation is assigned to a different resource.
- Prev. operation
- The previous operations warehouse is automatically selected.
- Next operation
- The next operations warehouse is automatically selected.
* The default strategy in previous versions was “Current operation”. If desired, this can be set by adding
Warehouse.selection.strategy.currentOpr=false in GanttSetup.properties.