Installation of the ROB-EX Scheduler Floating License Server is a one-time process you will typically carry out the first time you install ROB-EX Scheduler. Then you can forget about it, since it is installed as a service on a server PC. I.e. the license server will automatically startup in case the server PC is ever rebooted.
To install the ROB-EX Scheduler Floating License Server follow these simple steps
- Choose what server you want to run the License Server from.
- Firewall should be disabled on the server – or you must open a specific port as described below
- The server must have internet connection
- The server should be stable regarding installed hardware (network cards, memory), see warning box below
- Run the ROB-EX Scheduler client installer on the selected server
- Choose New installation and agree to the license terms
- Select Floating License Server as the component to install and click Next
- Click Install to complete the installation
- Click Finish and leave check mark in “Start License Server service”
- Without a check mark in “Start License Server service”, you need to manually start the ROB-EX License Server Instance 1 ×64 from Windows Services
- At this point the License Server is running – however no license has been activated yet. Follow Activating a license to complete licensing activation
Updating existing service to use embedded Java
- Edit existing service settings using the Windows Regedit tool (Run->Regedit.exe). Note this is an advanced editing tool – only proceed if you know what you are doing.
- Search for the node
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\RobexLicenseServer1x64\Parameters\Java.
- Add a new String node Jvm (case matters!). Enter the extracted full folder path of the embedded Java, e.g.
C:\Program Files (x86)\ROB-EX\LicenseServer\bin\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll.
- Close Regedit and restart ROB-EX License Server service
Using the embedded Java will allow you to uninstall any unused public Java installation from the PC/Server.