- Value profiles are not supported in combination with:
- Series and Groups
- The normal planning rules (e.g. forward/backward/bottleneck rules) will work as expected for variable setup time and variable capacity as long as these times are not sequence dependent. When using sequence dependent setup/switchover times, the result of running the normal planning rules may in some cases produce unexpected results, since a replanning of one order may change the sequence in which other operations are planned on a resource. E.g. replanning one order may cause red overlap warnings (double bookings) between two completely different operations that did not participate in the replanning. Also see explanation below the DependenceType chapter.
- Multiuser considerations
- If the values in a setup matrix is changed, that change is not automatically distributed to all planner clients. When an Excel data file or SQL database is updated it is the responsibility of the user to refresh all planners (viewers excluded). Read more about how to refresh client in the Refresh value provider section.
- When using the JDBCDataProvider to load LookupTableValueProvider values all planner clients (viewers excluded) must have access to the database.
- When using the ExcelDataProvider to load LookupTableValueProvider values all planner clients (viewers excluded) must have access to the excel file.
Thanks for your feedback.