This chapter demonstrates key features of the ROB-EX Scheduler client with the purpose of providing new users with an understanding of
- how to define and scope the scheduling problem
- how to model the scheduling problem inside ROB-EX Scheduler
- how to solve the scheduling problem and get the desired output
You are taken to the point where you can
- Create the minimum required master data
- Maneuver around in the Gantt chart
- Create new production orders
- Perform basic scheduling
If you want to follow the examples given in this section, ROB-EX Scheduler planner client must be installed and registered with a valid license on your PC before you proceed.
Master data introduction
Some master data must be available before production orders can be created and scheduled. As a start focus on master data for the following areas:
The next chapters will take you through all the steps of creating and modifying the needed data.
Note that your ROB-EX Scheduler system may have been integrated with an ERP system which supplies all the necessary master data. In that case you may not have to manually create master data. However reading and understanding this chapter will anyway help you better understand the concepts behind ROB-EX Scheduler.