Three different material transaction types are available:
- Counting: Indicates that the quantity of materials in stock has been counted on the indicated date. ROB-EX Scheduler uses this to calculate the planned amount/inventory in stock.
- Purchase: Indicates that a quantity of materials is purchased on the indicated date. Will cause the stock to increase.
- Shipment: Indicates that a quantity of materials is shipped on the indicated date. Will cause the stock to decrease.
Material transactions are defined for a material this way:
- select the material row in the table in the Materials window
- click on the Edit transactions button.
The window “Inventory transactions” opens up.
Creating and editing transactions
Click one of the buttons Create counting, Create purchase or Create shipment to manually create a transaction of the desired type.
Transactions may be viewed all together in the All tab of the window. Alternatively select one of the other three tabs to view only the desired type. The transactions are sorted by date.
Each transaction is associated to a date or period, a quantity, a unit and a transaction type. Purchases and shipments can have a differentiated begin- and end date because the transaction might take some time. In that case the transaction will consume/produce from/to stock in a linear fashion between the begin and end dates provided.
In addition once a single transaction is selected, then Category values may be edited for the selected transaction, at the bottom part of the window. Note that you can only edit categories as configured on the material master.
Select one or more transaction to delete, then click the top Delete button and confirm the action.
Alternatively, use the Delete transactions button in the Edit materials window. When this option is clicked a new window opens up with options to delete all transactions or transactions older than a specified date. Use this functions to batch cleanup old and unused transactions.