This package comes with a ready-to-use Excel file for easy import of order data into ROB-EX. The package has the following features:
- A ready to use Excel sheet with build in flexibility regarding columns, naming and formatting.
- Copy and paste of orders directly from an ERP system into Excel for easy validation and modification prior to single click import of orders into ROB-EX.
- A click and point installer will carry out the initial installation of the Excel sheet and the necessary ROB-EX configuration files
To install this package, run the installer located in the folder <sch_client_dir>\plugins\erp\excel\standardExcelOrderImport . Important: you must close any open ROB-EX client while the installer is running, otherwise the installation will not be complete and must be repeated again.
Quick start guide
Once the installation program is complete you can follow this small quick start guide to import your first orders
- Open your ROB-EX Client – validate that you now have an import configuration in menu “Functions->Settings->Textfile Plugin (CSV1)” called “Excel Order Import”
- Open the Excel sheet located in
<sch_client_dir>\custom\Scheduler_Import.xlsm. Click “Approve” or “Activate” macros to be able to run the macros of the Excel file. Also note that the installer by default places a shortcut to the Excel Sheet on your Windows Desktop.
- The Excel sheet will have a few test orders – change the “Route” name for the first order to the name of a master route which exists in ROB-EX. To find a route select menu “Edit->Routes” from within ROB-EX, copy the name shown in the “Route” column
- Finally in the Excel sheet Click “Import to ROB-EX”. This will export a file which ROB-EX will import a few seconds later. If the Scheduling dialog opens, you may select the planning strategy you prefer for the order (click the “Define as standard” check mark if you prefer to always use the same strategy).
- Verify the ROB-EX order list for new orders – orders where the name of the route in Excel matches with the name of a ROB-EX master route will have operations assigned to the order.
The Excel file might be further customized for your specific needs. The following is supported
- Additional columns may be inserted into the sheet without affecting the export (first column has a special purpose and should not be changed). I.e. you may add columns which are not being used by ROB-EX – as an example when doing a copy/paste from your ERP system, then it may include columns not included in the Excel template.
- Columns may be organized in a different sequence, it is the header value that informs what column is mapped to what field in ROB-EX (see next bullet)
- Table headers may be localized – however if a table header is changed, then the “Configuration” sheet needs to be updated. An example
- If “Order” is changed to “Process order”, then select the Configuration sheet and change cell value for column “ColumnNameUser” on row “Order.id” to “Process order”. This is how the export knows that “Process order” maps to the ROB-EX “Order.id” field.
- All orders up to first empty row is exported
- Notice that “Status” and “Strategy” columns take “names” as input – which during import to ROB-EX is converted to integer values. This mapping is also configured in the “Configuration” sheet – refer to the “Documentation” sheet for further information. Note that on import to ROB-EX, you will get an error if inserting illegal values into the “Status” and “Strategy” columns.