Set the efficiency for this resource.
A resource working with another efficiency as the standard resource. E. g. an older machine can produce only 80% per hour of what a newer machine can. In that case, set the efficiency to 0.8. If the standard processing time for an operation is 10 hours for the new machine, the older machine will produce the same operation with a processing time of 10 hours/0.8=12,5 hours.
If an operation is moved between the two machines the processing time will be automatically recalculated.
The capacity used if field “Cap. from res.” in Edit operation in the time tab.
Assign a calendar to a resource.
Double click in the field Calendar next to a resource and a list of available calendars is shown.
It is possible to edit a calendar or create a new one: right-click on the headline Resources in the list to the left.
If the activities of a resource are to be displayed in relation to its resource calendar both a valid resource calendar has to be selected and the check box Active has to be enabled.
Advanced calendars in the drop-down box:
- Calendar from group
- If the resource is a member of a group it is possible to automatically set the calendar to the same calendar as the group uses.
- Calendar from group members
- If the resource is a group it is possible to join the calendars of the individual members into a calendar for the group. See more about it at Resource group using members calendars
Set the number of simultaneous operations.
Typically used on resource groups where a value of 0 is used in the case that operations should be scheduled to one of the group members. If a resource group have no members use this value to specify the number of simultaneous resources for the resource group.
The factor is used by the planning strategies to decide how many simultaneous operations are allowed on the resource group. The factor also affects the number of possible hours available for a resource shown in the workload graph.
Note that the calendar factor specified here can be overwritten on calendar periods. I.e. it is possible to create e.g. a resource exception reducing/increasing the calendar factor for a certain period of time.
Optionally assign a resource type previously created in the “Resource types” tab. Resource types are typically only used in combination with special customer-specific modules added to ROB-EX partner or system integrator.
If you have already created warehouse options in Edit Materials -> warehouses, you may choose a warehouse option from the list.
If you have already created one or more Cost profiles in Edit Cost Profiles, you may choose a cost profile from the list.
Modification of duration
Select if the workload or operation efficiency is changed when the duration of the operations on this resource are changed.
The duration is changed by pulling the backend of an operation.
The function Allow change of Gantt bar length using mouse must be activated in the menu “Functions->Settings->General->Gantt chart”.
- Adjust operation workload
- The workload of the operation is changed when the duration is changed. The workload is shown in the detail panel or by double-clicking on an operation.
- Adjust operation efficiency
- The operation efficiency is changed when the duration is changed. The efficiency is shown by double-clicking on an operation.
- Adjust operation quantity or adjust the order quantity
- The operation quantity respectively order quantity is changed when the duration is changed. When using these settings, note that an operation assigned to the resource will be forced into using a workload calculation based on capacity and quantity.
Set if this resource contributes to the workload graph and the manpower graph.
Push the Settings button. Set if the resource should contribute to the workload graph and the manpower graph.
Red overlap warning
- Red overlap warning is shown above operations in Gantt chart if two operations on the same resource overlap.
- Workload (period sum)
- Overlap is shown for the full time bucket if any overlap is present in the time bucket. e.g. if two operations overlap for 15 minutes, but time is shown in 1-hour buckets, an overlap warning is shown for the 1-hour bucket.
- Ex. two simultaneous operations on the same resource each having 50% operation efficiency will not result in overlap warnings. Yellow overlap warnings are painted in case overbooking is within the allowed bucket planning overbooking factor, see more about it on bucket scheduling.
- Workload (exact)
- Overlap is shown for the exact period the overlap is in.
- Never show red overlap warnings.
BOM warning mode
- 1 Below min. stock level
- paints a colored line above operations containing a BOM-line for a material where the stock goes below minimum.
- 2 above max. stock level
- paints a colored line above operations containing a BOM-line for a material where the stock goes above max.
- Both 1 and 2
- This mode paints a colored line above operations containing a BOM-line which breaks a material limit.
Show overlap warnings from sub-operations
While you are moving the primary operation, then double bookings from any sub-operation will be shown as purple-colored overlap warnings above the primary operation. So you may focus on the primary resource but still be warned of any problems from any of the sub-operation resources. Overlap bookings on the primary operation will still be displayed in red, so you can easily distinguish between the two types of double bookings.
Workload summing ignore resource efficiency
Setting affecting how resource efficiency affects workload summing on workload graphs, ExtractReportingHistory macro and the REST analysis framework. Operation workload is summed as without accounting for resource efficiency. On a resource with high efficiency an operation with an hour of workload would normally contribute less than 1 hour, with this setting 1 hour of workload contributes 1 hour regardless of the resource efficiency.
This setting is available only from v188.8.131.527 and later