ROB-EX Scheduler client (Planner or Viewer)
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10/2000/2003/2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2/2016/2019
- Minimum 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended).
- Minimum 1200×800 or better monitor.
- Hard drive space required approx. 200 MB.
- The windows registry is used by the ROB-EX Desktop Client.
The preferred way is to install the ROB-EX Scheduler client code on a shared file server. This way multiple clients share the same program code, making it easier to manage and update the software.
As an alternative a complete installation of the client program can also be made on the users local hard drive. Only recommended on Laptop or home computers without access to the company network.
Client installation on Windows/Citrix Terminal Server is supported.
Licenses are by default delivered as network licenses (also known as concurrent users or “floating licenses”), but can also be delivered as named licenses (the latter is necessary to run ROB-EX Scheduler on laptop computers without access to the company network). To learn more about license types see the document Planning the client installation
ROB-EX Scheduler Multiuser server
The role of the server is to coordinate multiple users (i.e. ROB-EX Scheduler clients) planning at the same time and persist changes to a central SQL database.
The Multiuser server has the following system requirements:
- Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2/2016/2019. Can also run on Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 workstations.
- Min. 6 GB RAM, 8 GB RAM is recommended.
- Hard disk space approx. 5 GB free.
- Standard TCP/IP LAN.
- Microsoft SQL Server (all Editions of 2005/2008/2008R2/2012/2014/2016/2017 are supported including the Express Edition). Both 32-bit and 64-bit SQL server is supported.
- Java JDK 8 64-bit (OpenJDK supported)
- Virtualized server OS is supported.
The Multiuser server runs as a standard Windows service