Once master data has been created as described in the previous sections, production orders can be created and scheduled. In order to create a production order follow the steps below.
- Open the window “Order list” by selecting the item “Edit->Order list” from the menu. Note you can also open the order list window by pressing the Show order list button placed on the right side of the toolbar
- Press the “New” button near the top of the Order list window and the window “Edit order” will appear.
- Create a new production order by entering appropriate values. The following fields are mandatory (default values are automatically suggested for most fields): Order number (both numbers and letters can be entered), Quantity, Materials ready, Delivery date, and Route.
- By default the first available master route will have been selected when the Edit order dialog is opened. Now select the route you want to use.
- Changing any of the values for operations in the route (eg. workload) in the Edit order dialog, will also change the same value on the template route. If you want to change the route for the new production order only, first create the order then edit the route from the Order list window.
- When all mandatory fields have been filled in press the “Ok” button and the Edit order dialog will close. You are now back in the Order list window and the new production order is shown with the status New.
- If you want to create more than a single production order press the “Create and stay” button, which will allow you to enter a new production order.
Thanks for your feedback.