The field chooser is used to customize the different tables and windows in the ROB-EX Web Planner/ROB-EX Web Viewer. You find the field chooser by clicking the gear icon
Any change will only affect the currently logged in user. Any change will be saved to the Multiuser Server and will become the default setup used next time the same user logs in.
The Panel level
Any window in the Web client consists of one or more named panels. Each panel may be folded and unfolded by clicking on the header of the panel. While unfolded you will be able to edit what fields to show and in what sequence.
- Restore defaults
- The restore defaults button will clear any changes made to this window and revert to the program default configuration.
- Panel name
- Edit the name by typing in the textbox, hit enter to commit the change. This will change the name of the Window.
- Window panels
- In this example, there are five window panels in the field chooser. To fold and unfold a window panel click the arrow to the right in the panel. The Progress panel in this example can be completely removed clicking the cross. Other panels cannot be removed, as they contain additional programmed complexity that a user cannot restore. The General and Times panel are examples of this.
- Add new panel
- Click this button to add a new window panel that you can name and customize as you prefer. For an example see chapter below Add new panel
Inside the Panel level
The image below shows one of the panels as unfolded
- All fields
- List of all the fields that can be added.
- When a field in the list of all fields is selected the details information about the field is shown in the details boxes.
- Drag and drop
- Drag and drop the fields from all fields to selected fields, to add the fields you want to be shown. Add more than one field at a time by holding Ctrl down and choosing the fields you want to drag and drop.
- Selected fields
- The list of currently selected fields. Change the order of fields by dragging and dropping the fields up and down in the list. Remove a field by clicking the x button at the left of the field.
- When a field in the list of selected fields is selected the details information about the field is shown in the properties boxes. In the Renderer dropdown, the format for the field can be changed. In the picture above, the date format can be specified as the renderer is selected as “dt” (date time format). In the example below it’s shown for the color in the order list table. By default for color, the field is set to color in the renderer dropdown.
- Panel name
- Change the name and click enter to save. This is the name of the panel in the window as the user will see it
- Select in how many columns fields eventually will be shown to the user. Entering a value of 2 means a 2 column layout. The higher the numer is, the less horizontal space each field will eventually have available. For an example see below Using columns
- Click this to edit what fields to show when a panel is unfolded
- Click this to edit what fields to show right after the panel name. All text in the header is shown as a single text string with spaces between each field. This is useful information to show when a panel is folded, i.e. it allows a user to still see information, even though the panel is folded. For an example see chapter for Using panel header fields.