A PowerShell script that will list all ROB-EX services and applications installed on the current PC.
List and document installed ROB-EX Services and Applications for an on-prem ROB-EX deployment. Typically used in order to document
- what ROB-EX modules a customer has chosen to install and in what folders they are located.
- what ROB-EX services a customer has installed (License Server service, Multiuser Server service, Integration Client services, etc.)
- what port numbers a specific ROB-EX service is using
The script is also helpfull to run prior to updating to a new ROB-EX version in order to map out the best update procedure. I.e. is the customer coming from an older 6.x deployment etc.
This is an example of a typical output from running the script (columns width has been reduced for the purpose of keeping an overview)
ROB-EX Services detected for host RBXSRV1 Name DisplayName State Ports StartMode Login Path ---- ----------- ----- ----- --------- ----- ---- RobexClient_site2_2 RobexClientx64 Int Running 10000 Auto NT Author C:\Prog. RobexLicenseServer1x ROB-EX License Ser Running 11900 Auto LocalSyst C:\Prog. ROB-EXServerG2Instan ROB-EX Server G2 I Running 1433,9090 Auto LocalSyst C:\Prog. RobexClient_site1_1 RobexClientx64 Int Running 9999 Auto NT Author C:\Prog. ROB-EX Applications detected for host RBXSRV1 Folder Type Version JarDate Sharename Database Path ------ ---- ------- ------- --------- -------- ----- ganttServerG2 MultiuserServer 220.127.116.11 08-03-2022 GanttMultiuser C:\P. Planner PlannerIC 18.104.22.1680 06-10-2022 \\RBXSRV1\Planner C:\P. LicenseServer LicenseServer 22.214.171.124 10-01-2023 C:\P.
Pre-requisites for running the script
- Powershell 5.0 or newer (Windows Server 2016 is from start born with v5.1 – but even 2008R2 Server can be upgraded to Powershell 5.1, see Misc section below). It is possible to check the PowerShell version by opening a PowerShell terminal and then enter
- Write-access to the folder where the .ps1 script is located
- Read-access to folders and files containing ROB-EX applications and services is required. Specially files like
- During execution some files will temporarily be unpacked to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\ROB-EX\robex-install-info. Read and write permission to that area is required
Download the script
Download the PowerShell script to your ROB-EX server from this link (right click and select
Save link as...)
Place the script in a location you choose. A recommended location could be
c:\install\robex on the ROB-EX server you want to document.
Running the script
To run the script right click the .ps1 file in File Explorer and select
Run with PowerShell
After the script has run to completion the full output is available in a
robex-install-info-<date>.txt file in the same folder as the .ps1 script.
- Ports used by JBoss MultiuserServer (v6.4 and older) are currently not being discovered. Only port lookup of MultiuserServer 7.0 and later is supported.
- Ports used by older Wrapper services are currently not being discovered. Only ports used by Procrunner based services are supported.
Note that even for Windows Server 2008R2 it is possible to install PowerShell 5.1, even if the server was born with an older version. Server 2008R2 is born with PowerShell 2. Read here about how to upgrade: https://www.rootusers.com/install-powershell-5-windows-server-2008-r2/
Post your comment on this topic.