FlexRules Layout item
This rule defines a new column/field (layout item) that any ROB-EX Scheduler user may add to any standard table. Layout items may also be referenced from HTML reports and Shop Floor.
A Layout item FlexRule consist of a single expression that takes a basemodel object (e.g. Operation or Production Order) as input and returns the text or value to show to the user. If the expression expects a production order as input, but the user places the column in a table backed by an Operation, the correct object (Production order in this case) will be automatically resolved.
Layout item FlexRule example
In this example shown below, a column is added, which will show the text Large for orders sized greater than 100. For other order sizes, the text Small is shown.
1. In the ROB-EX Scheduler go to Fukctions ->FlexRules
2. Click on add layout item.
3. The window New FlexRule is shown. Fileout the form, as shown In the picture below.
Notice how the input is specified to be Order, i.e. a Production Order. The output is specified to be a String , i.e. the expression must return text.
4. The expression used is shown below. The fv(‘order_quantity’) part will look up and return the order quantity.
fv('order_quantity') > 100 ? 'Large' : 'Small'
5. Click the Test button.
Notice the result shown after clicking the Test button, while order 1000 (with a quantity of 100) is selected in the Gantt chart.
6. With the FlexRule created, a user may use the column as shown in this next picture.
To show the column f.eks in the order view, go to the Field chooser -> Production order -> Small/Large column.
The column name Small/Large column is the name of the FlexRule created above. Notice how the text corresponds to the order quantity
Post your comment on this topic.