This document explains the steps necessary to install a new ROB-EX Scheduler client.
Installation of the ROB-EX Scheduler Multiuser Server is optional and is a separate topic you can read more about in the Multiuser server section.
First make sure that the target system meets the system requirements.
Also make sure that you have read the document Planning the client installation, explaining where to install the client and what license type to select.
For Windows Windows 7/10 users see the important UAC note below.
How to get ROB-EX Scheduler installation media
The ROB-EX Scheduler client installation is contained in a single Windows installer setup exe file. This file is available for download from the support area on www.rob-ex.com. If you do not already have valid login and password please contact your dealer or support at ROB-EX A/S (email@example.com).
Installing the client
- Download the Full Setup program to a directory on your local hard disk or file server. The setup program is used for installation of both ROB-EX Scheduler Professional and ROB-EX Scheduler Viewer.
- Run the setup program (e.g. SetupRobex_v184.108.40.206.exe).
In the first window click Next.
- Select “New” and desired runtime language (e.g. English), and Click “Next”.
- Click “I Agree” to accept the License Agreement.
- Select the “Planner” product to install a standard ROB-EX Scheduler, click “Next”
- Choose the directory to install the ROB-EX Scheduler installation using the “Browse” button.
For customers going to have more than a single ROB-EX Scheduler user (i.e. more than one planner/viewer) we strongly recommend installation of the program on a file server (e.g.
- Click “Install” to start the installation.
To install a ROB-EX Scheduler with Operators (Shop Floor) steps 1-5 are repeated remembering to select “Integration Client” (or “Planner with Operator” in v7.0 and earlier) as product in step 3. The Integration client option will enable you to startup server functionality for ROB-EX Scheduler Shop Floor, Dashboard and from v7.2 and later ROB-EX Web Planner.
To install ROB-EX Desktop Viewer steps 1-5 are repeated remembering to select “Viewer” as product in step 3 and remembering to select a different installation directory in step 4.
Important note concerning UAC on Windows
Windows operating systems uses a security model called User Account Control (UAC). Basically this means that every user normally runs with reduced privileges. Even though a user is a local administrator, the user will not run with administrative privileges. For certain operations Windows will prompt the user whenever administrative privileges are required.
Writing to the folder
c:\Program Files (x86) requires administrative privileges. Since the default installation folder for ROB-EX Scheduler is
c:\Program Files (x86) this impacts the following situation
- A ROB-EX Scheduler client running the Shop Floor web-server, since Shop Floor user configurations are stored within the ROB-EX Scheduler installation directory
To cope with Windows UAC in the above situations, you will need to assign full read/write privileges to the user running ROB-EX Desktop Planner on the directory
c:\Program Files (x86)\ROB-EX\custom. Right click on folder
c:\Program Files (x86)\ROB-EX\custom and select “Properties” and the tab “Security” and assign full control to the user running the ROB-EX Scheduler client.