A general calendar is created in the following way:
- Select menu Edit->Calendar to open the window “Edit resource calendar”.
- Select the tab “General calendar”
- Click the New button to the right of the list “General calendar”. Enter the name of the general calendar, e.g. “first shift”.
- Click “Ok”. The name is now displayed in the list “General calendar”.
- In Select week calendar select the week calendar to use.
- To create a new week calendar select the “Week calendar” tab and click the “New” button in the “Week calendar” tab. For further details see chapter Create holiday calendar.
- In Select holiday calendar select the holiday calendar to use. This step is optional
- To create a new holiday calendar select the “Holiday calendar” tab and click the “New” button in this tab. For further details see chapter Create week calendar.
- Assign a calendar specific calendar. This step is optional. For further details see Create a calendar specific calendar.
By clicking the tab “All calendars” you will get an overview of all periods valid for the selected general calendar, i.e. the different entries from all sub-calendars assigned to the general calendar
Assign general calendar to a resource
There are two ways to assign a general calendar to a resource.
- In the window Edit resource select the required calendar in the list “Calendar” for the resource in question.
- In the window Resource overview locate the resource in question and use column “Calendar”.
- In menu Edit->Calendar in the window “Edit resource calendar” select tab “Resource”. Select the resource in the list “Resource” and finally select the general calendar to be assigned.
In the list in the middle of this window the periods modeled in general calendar are displayed. The left side icon shows the origin of the period (e.g. week, holiday calendar etc.).
In the bottom part of this window it is possible to create exceptions from the general calendar, only applicable for the selected resource. The resource specific exceptions are displayed in the bottom list of the window.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.