- Scheduling orders : How to schedule or reschedule orders in ROB-EX.
- Scheduling strategy window: Strategies and setting available when planning in ROB-EX.
- Setting a default scheduling strategy : How to set the default scheduling strategy used for new orders.
- Bottleneck sort in ROB-EX : How to perform a bottleneck sort on operations on a bottleneck resource.
- Scheduling settings on resources : Settings on resources and resource groups that affect scheduling.
- BOM scheduling settings : How to setup scheduling with BOM constraints.
- Campaign scheduling settings : How to setup scheduling with Campaigns.
- Special routing cases
- Advanced customization
Overview of Scheduling in ROB-EX
Scheduling in ROB-EX is the same as automated planning, where the orders and operations are placed on optimal resources according to a scheduling strategy.
There are two kinds of scheduling in ROB-EX:
- Scheduling and rescheduling of one or more orders, where operations of the order are placed on optimal resources.
- Bottleneck sort of orders with bottleneck operations, where one or more operations are bottlenecks, and the previous or following operations get rescheduled around the bottleneck.
Both can be done in forward or backward direction, and several settings define how the scheduling is done. The direction and settings are controlled in the Scheduling strategy window.
This is a brief overview of the two kinds of scheduling and their directions in the table below:
| Normal Scheduling
(One or more orders)
|Starts by scheduling the first operation of each order. All subsequent operations are scheduled after each other on the best resource according to the scheduling strategy.||Start by scheduling the last operation of each order. All operations prior to the last operations are scheduled in reverse order, ensuring no operation ends after the next operation starts. Operations are placed on the best resource according to the scheduling strategy.|
(One or more operations)
|Lock operations selected in the gantt chart. All subsequent operations after the locked operations are scheduled after each other according to the scheduling strategy.||Lock operations selected in the gantt chart. All operations in sequence before the locked operations are scheduled in reverse order according to the scheduling strategy.|
NOTE: Bottleneck sort can can be done in both forward and backward direction at the same time!
Scheduling orders in ROB-EX can be done in several ways:
- By setting the state of an order from new to planned in the Order List.
- By selecting one or more orders in the Order List pressing the “Replan order” button.
- By selecting one or more operations in the gantt chart:
How the orders and operations are scheduled is controlled by a Scheduling strategy and scheduling settings on the resources.
Post your comment on this topic.